I get requests for this recipe a lot.
Somewhat unsurprisingly because they are amazing, but I can’t take all the credit. This recipe has been adapted from a UK cookbook produced by the hummingbird bakery. If you like this recipe I highly recommend you go out and buy the cookbook as their cupcakes and Brooklyn Blackout Cake are to die for.
So here we go! It makes 16 big pieces or 24 of the size you see in the picture.
150g of roughly chopped white chocolate
125g of butter
150g caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
200g plain flour
130g pecan pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 170*C
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted, smooth and combined.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sugar until well combined.
4. Add eggs and vanilla extract and stir briskly so the eggs do not cook on contact with the mixture.
5. Add flour and stir until incorporated.
6. Add in nuts and gently mix until well distributed.
7. Scrape mixture into a prepared baking tray (I use a lamington tray) and bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely. Cut and serve.
*Stores well in airtight containers